Sunday, January 29, 2012

Gift Box for the Porch


My sister had gotten me a very nice Sweet Pea gift set from Bath & Body Works as a Maid of Honor gift that came in a very nice box. So nice that I couldn't justify throwing it away.


Yes, I have become my Grandmother. And while it is a very nice box, it is also a very pink box. I do like pink, but most of my home decorating is more of the cool purple, green & teal variety. So I decided to make it suit the enclosed porch. First I had to prime it, and I used a spray primer from Rustoleum.




I couldn't find exactly the color paint I was looking for, so I combined a teal and green paint, and after it dried I used a dry brush technique with a brown over the whole thing, and then brushed the whole thing with a damp paper towel.


 I really liked the raised pattern on the box, so I highlighted it with liquid copper leaf.



Next I lined the inside of the box with scrap book paper, and Modge Podged it down. I also Modge Podged a thick ribbon along the base of the box.





Lastly I put a piece of the same scrap book paper in the little window on the front, and glued some teal crystals on the front.




And Voila! I not have a nice decorative piece for my enclosed porch.




On a related note, I have recently discovered that my camera does indeed has a macro function, so my close up shots will start to look a lot better ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment