Monday, May 14, 2012
New Old Front Porch Chairs
Up until a couple of weeks ago my porch was bare. I have done quite a bit of work on the enclosed porch, and it is nearly complete. I am living on a budget, so I had been searching garage sales and second hand stores for outdoor patio furniture to dress up the outside. My hard work paid off with these two beauties from a local antique mall.
They were still in great shape and just needed a little face lift. At $20 a piece these were a steal. Now they just need a little spray paint.
I decided to do them in two different shades of blue with white trim. First I covered allover in the blue on each, then I covered them with newspaper to do the white. It is very important when using 2 different colors of spray paint to tape around the different areas to control what spot gets which color, since spray paint goes everywhere.
After a couple coats these babies are ready to add some curb appeal to my house.
All in all, definitely worth the investment. They made my aunt very jealous.
Labels:
decorating,
DIY,
front porch,
frontyard,
furniture,
Maker Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







They look great!
ReplyDelete